Wherever travellers go nowadays, they use social media to discover the best spots, plan their itinerary and share their memories with friends and family. Social media platforms might inspire visitors to learn more about a destination and its attractions and it also is the place where they might learn about a local hike or decide to visit your wine region while touring.
In its ongoing efforts to promote the southern African region, RETOSA has been holding digital and social media marketing workshops for member states. From 5 to 9 September, RETOSA held a digital and social media workshop for the tourism and hospitality industry in Malawi. Speakers touched on topics ranging from digital marketing applications, e-learning initiatives to social media strategies and also looked at a number of case studies. Attended by over 75 Tourism sector representatives, Malawi Tourism and Hospitality Industry and RETOSA used the Workshop as a platform to build capacity in digital marketing, and also to formulate a digital as well as social media plan for the Malawi Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
- From the acting executive directors desk: SADC Ministers responsible for Tourism approve RETOSA’s Transformation Plan
- RETOSA invites global tour and travel stakeholders to join its Certified Expert Programme
- RETOSA Revamps Website to make it more user-friendly
- Train-the-Trainer Masterclass in Regional Tourism Quality Standards, Grading and Classification.
- RETOSA to showcase southern Africa in North America.
Latest from The Editor
- First Annual Southern Africa Sustainable Tourism Development Conference
- Upcoming Events
- RETOSA Hosts 3rd Annual Southern Africa Women In Tourism Conference
- RETOSA Forms Strategic Partnerships in The United States of America and United Kingdom Tourism Industries
- RETOSA Secures Partnerships with International Radio Stations